BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPERBusiness Intelligence Developer
Salary is DOE; ~80-100k
San Diego, CA 92121
• Strong mix of Business Intelligence, ETL, SQL, Data Warehousing, and Analytics
• Microsoft Stack with strong mix of SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
• SQL Server
• Experience writing SQL, Transactional SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions)
• Visual Studio
• Experience with management of BI systems for a medium to large organization
• Data warehousing and Data Cubes
• Experience with detailed data analysis over complex data systems, including many-to-many databases
• Excel experience using advanced skills such as pivot tables
• Intermediate knowledge in analytical software such as Tableau, MS Power BI, Oracle, Google Analytics
• Financial Industry
• BSCS or similar
• Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-starting with high initiative
• Persistent and dependable, especially in meeting deadlines
• Business Intelligence / Enterprise Reporting / Analysis:
• Builds reports and dashboards for business users.
• Writes procedures, including but not limited to ETL processing, report development, and business requirement definitions.
• Leads in the collection of system/business requirements and the documentation of business and technical data dictionaries/metadata and specifications.
• Translates and documents results of requirements gathering into a standard format used to create the appropriate Business Intelligence (BI) solution.
• Coordinates user acceptance testing of reporting modules, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
• Serves as information resource for users, including determination of most appropriate data source, providing or arranging applications, reports, or educating users to retrieve the information themselves.
• Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining and predictive analytics.
• Design / Database Development:
• Focuses on data quality and integrity, which results in increased confidence from end users.
• Identifies and recommends methods to normalize and maintain data from disparate systems.
• Works with internal and external data users to identify requirements and deliver high quality BI solutions and analyses, and takes ownership for data and report quality.
• Applies industry standards to the technical architecture of a Business Intelligence solution (Stars, Cubes, etc.) to solve business problems or increase business efficiency.
• Establishes data quality standards and data governance protocols.
• Advises and consults with network administrators on data issues such as access storage, and server / data backups.
• Provides security, integrity and validity to all credit union data and all BI reports.
• Experience with relational database design, development & documentation experience required.
• Debugging, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and log monitoring
• Optimizes the application environment in order to efficiently access enterprise data. This will also include the movement of data, server backup, and server cleanup. This may require the ability to write and modify application / script code using Microsoft C# of similar.
• Maintaining the integrity and version control of production application sources code, SQL stored procedures, scripts, and application documentation.
• Provides technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries regarding in-house application infrastructure.
• Research and resolve data load (ETL) issues from the different data environments.
• Extensive experience with index tuning strategies and complex query optimization in MS SQL Server.
The Business Intelligence Analyst understands, interprets, and analyzes data very quickly, and is responsible for delivering high quality and timely reports to all business units across the credit union. As part of the Software Engineering team, the Business Intelligence Analyst processes critical organizational data, transforming data into information, and information into insight.
Using database technologies, this position is responsible for identifying and translating business needs and requirements into useful and actionable information. The Business Intelligence Analyst will clearly communicate report findings and provide data that assists business units in making informed decisions. The position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise reporting solutions using modern standardized tools.
• Medical, dental and vision coverage with low premiums
• Flexible spending accounts
• Matching 401k plan (dollar for dollar up to 5%)
• Incentive program (this is a company-wide, twice yearly, incentive that can range between 1-6% of annual)
• Vacation and sick time; 11 company-paid holidays
• Casual dress code
• Workout facility; recreational areas including a basketball court
• Employee loan discounts (auto, home, credit card, etc.)
• Onsite job and personal development classes
Click here to send us your resume