IMAGE / DATA PROCESSING ALGORITHM SOFTWARE ENGINEERImage / Data Processing Algorithm Software Engineer
Salary is DOE; Target is ~110-130k + 5% bonus
Vista, CA 92081
• C++ Software Engineering
• Algorithm development
• Experience with digital signal processing
• Experience developing software utilized in hardware, instrumentation, sensors, robotics, etc.
• Experience with various qualitative and quantitative image analysis techniques
• Experience with Matlab and/or other analysis tools
• Experience with imaging sensors and systems and development of computer/mathematical algorithms, especially as related to imaging systems and image analysis
• Windows based software development environment including Visual Studio
• Experience with image file formats (JPEG, TIFF, GIF) and with compression techniques (JPEG, LZW)
• Experience with camera interfacing (Camera Link, Gig E, USB)
• Experience in auto focusing, camera calibration, camera color correction
• Communication protocols: TCP/IP, serial
• Multithreaded programming, Source code control
• Has worked in a regulated development process (medical devices, ISO 9001)
• Experienced in C# and developing GUI/test applications
• Outstanding analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Independently develop Software and algorithms based upon detailed systems and/or software requirements.
• Document software specifications.
• Develop, present, and defend the design in design review meetings.
• Develop solutions in accordance with established software and hardware development procedures.
• Interact with product management and other SW/HW engineers to improve product automation and performance.
• Unit test software prior to turnover to software quality assurance engineer.
• Provide second level customer support as needed.
The Software Algorithm Engineer is a member of the scanner systems development team who will design and develop software and algorithms for automated operation of the device. This includes potential improvement to the existing algorithms and identification and development of new solutions for new products. Majority of needed algorithms are image and digital signal processing based algorithms. Scanners are complex medical devices consisting of a high precision three axis stage, multiple line scan and area cameras, programmable light sources in different modes and an automated high throughput autoloader. Scanner images are high resolution gigapixel images compressed using JPEG, JPEG-2000 or LZW. Working closely with the rest of Software/Hardware/Systems Engineers and Product Management, he/she will design and develop needed analysis algorithms and supporting frameworks for scanners.
Company / Benefits:
• Company makes Cancer Diagnostics Equipment and Software
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, etc.
• 401k and Retirement Plans
• Holidays – Eight fixed holidays and 2 floating holidays each year
• Paid Time Off – 3 weeks/year; accruals increase by 1 week at 5 years
• Commuter Benefit
• Life, Disability, Pet, and other optional Insurances
• Employee Legal, and Adoption Assistance Programs
Click here to send us your resume