SAP CONTROLLING ANALYSTSAP Controlling Analyst
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~110-120k and 10% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Relocation assistance is available
Required Skills / Experience:
• Strong SAP Analyst experience
• Expert level SAP Controlling configuration and design skills
• Strong Controlling skills: Cost center accounting; Profit center accounting, IO accounting, Project Job Costing, Production costing (make-to-order, make-to-stock), Activity Based Accounting, Profitability Analysis (COPA), Settlement, Results Analysis, Planning Estimates and Budgets, Allocations
• Demonstrated knowledge of FICO and Project System
• Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle and system implementation methodologies
• SAP technical understanding to investigate and troubleshoot data-related issues without ABAP programming support
• Change Management knowledge and support
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Math, MIS, or similar
• Experience as a project lead on SAP Controlling
• Integration knowledge with other SAP modules MM, PM, CS& SD is desired
• Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and problem solving
• Strong analytical, process design and researching skills
• Superior verbal and written communications skills; able to address business issues and conflicts in a professional, constructive, and non-technical manner
• Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities
• Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
The SAP Controlling Analyst will work with leaders and key personnel in the Corporate Finance organization, and other areas of the company, to identify and analyze business process issues and opportunities, and to evaluate the potential application of new or modified technology solutions, specifically related to the Controlling Systems. He/she will actively participate in applications implementation and enhancement projects related to his/her areas of responsibility, providing:
• SAP Requirements Definition and Management
• Business Process Documentation and Design
• Day-to-day Operational Interface including Initial Production Support and Troubleshooting of SAP Controlling Issues and Problems
• Facilitation of Issue Resolution with Impacted Organizations
• Coordination of Testing and End-user Acceptance
• Oversite the workload of contract SAP Controlling resources
• Act as a backup for FICO resource in the team as needed
The SAP Controlling Analyst will also provide and/or oversee the on-going support for business applications used by his/her assigned client organizations, including troubleshooting of reported problems, facilitation of cross-functional discussions of related software or business process changes, and end user training support.
• Validate the SAP fit to business requirements by identifying workarounds and business process changes, if necessary.
• Configure or oversee the configuration of SAP to meet business needs in SAP Controlling module, with appropriate review, approval and business sign-off.
• Facilitate data conversion activities for assigned application implementation projects with end users, other IT team members, and vendor technical resources, as needed.
• Take the lead in pursuing solutions and make decisions with the business stakeholders and IT Project Manager/Manager.
• Serve as the application administrator on assigned projects during the initial implementation phase(s) and document on-going application administrative procedures; transfer knowledge to others as needed and initiate cross-training.
• Conduct research and recommend changes in an existing, changing, or emerging environment in accordance with business needs.
• Develop formal end user training plans/scripts with key business leaders and vendor/system integrator functional staff; work with SMEs and software vendor/system integrator to create end user training materials which encompass business process, naming conventions and other standards, and system functionality; provide training to groups and individuals, according to the agreed upon training plan, as needed.
• Provide quality client service and be proactive and responsive to business client needs.
• Apply highly professional business and technical knowledge when working with clients and vendors in activities such as identifying options, selection, analyzing, designing, installation, coding, maintenance, and testing of information technology solutions.
• Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel in business language.
• Comprehend and comply with IT policies and processes in the areas of software development and implementation; insure segregation of duties compliance with IFRS requirements, in working with business end users to define applications security and workflow roles/responsibilities.
• Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with SMEs, super-users, and internal and external IT resources on assigned projects, working toward common business objectives, timelines, and quality delivery. Takes the lead as necessary to facilitate good teamwork.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current and new software functionality related to assigned systems, through independent research, and attending relevant conferences, trade shows, and vendor-sponsored events.
• Understand and actively support application architecture and IT strategy.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate awareness of all company business solutions, through information sharing and cross-training with other IT Business Analysts.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by SAP Manager or his/her designee(s).
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume