NETWORK ADMINISTRATORNetwork Administrator
6 Month Contract to hire
Converting Salary is ~90-105k; pay rate is ~40-60/hr W2 DOE
San Diego, CA 92121 (Sorrento Valley)
Required Skills / Experience:
• Network / Systems Administration
• Routing and Switching
• Load Balancing
• Virtualization (VMWare)
• Data Center Operations
• F5 Load Balancers
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Storage Administration
• Scripting / Powershell
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certifications in VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE), or similar
• BSCS, BSIT, or similar
Responsible for deploying, installing, and maintaining a highly available network and server infrastructure, and works directly with developers to design and implement new systems that directly support our application portfolio. You will work in small teams with developers, vendors, and operational staff in the provisioning, designing, and evaluation of new technology, while regularly improving previously deployed projects to ensure efficiency. This position includes building VMware clusters, automating datacenter processes, building complex technologies, performing system tests, and acting as a first responder during infrastructure outages. You will monitor and maintain internal network availability as well as ensuring network stability for all of our locations. You’ll manage, configure, and maintain our server fleet to meet standards required by organization and industry. You’ll diagnose and identify root cause for server hardware, system software, storage technology, and networking infrastructures. This position aims to create automation, continuous testing, and timely remediation.
• Performs software upgrades including OS, firmware, and drivers to maintain system dependability.
• Performs data collection and develops maintenance methodologies to stay current with industry standards.
• Communicates issue status and resolution timelines to internal customers such as developers, operational teams, and pertinent management groups to keep stakeholders informed of technology issues and updates.
• Handles multiple tasks and projects, switching between them quickly, to meet requirements of the organization.
• Leads projects and provides guidance/training to others in the department.
• Plans and executes upgrades to the production environments to keep optimal system performance.
• Creates and maintains update–to–update programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
Click here to send us your resume