GIS ACCOUNT MANAGERGIS Account Manager – State and Local Government (2 positions)
Charlotte, NC 28226 (relocation assistance available if needed)
30-50% Regional Domestic Travel
Compensation is ~85-120k DOE
• GIS Experience, Knowledge, or Interest
• Government or Quasi-Government Industry Experience
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Client Facing Experience (Consulting, Project Management, Sales Engineering, Account Management, Sales, etc.)
• Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the public sector and new technology trends into real solutions for customers
• Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
• Technical/Software Sales and Account Management experience
• Experience selling to State or Local (City or County) Government; preferably at the department director level
• Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
• Experience with executing solution-based selling methodologies
• Knowledge of the government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
• Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
• Experience using demographics, market segmentation data, and GIS software
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in GIS, IT, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
• Highly motivated team player with a positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners to meet their needs and solve their problems
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
• Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage achievement of short-term goals
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
• Prospect and drive business in new and existing accounts by identifying and qualifying opportunities
• Develop an opportunity plan that is actionable and provides a clear strategy for all software and services to customers and prospects within a portfolio of targeted accounts
• Orchestrate a virtual team consisting of solution engineers, strategic partners, and Professional Services staff to support and drive the sales strategy for specific opportunities
• Develop and manage relationships with existing and prospective customers at all levels of the organization (CxO, business unit executives, IT professionals, analysts) to maintain clarity of understanding of their highest priority business needs
• Develop and manage a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth for us and our customers
• Manage contract negotiations to closure
• Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars
• Build relationships - Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars. Foster a cooperative selling environment with Esri's robust network of business partners.
• Understand our customers - Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
• Be an expert - Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the public sector. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
• Deliver results - Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
• Collaborate with your team - Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated, and resourceful, and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
At Esri, our account managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for the public sector and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the local government account team. We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges governments face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and hidden solutions within complex business problems.
• Privately held, in business almost 50 years, profitable, with zero debt (extremely stable)
• 350,000 clients
• 3,100 employees
• 10 US offices (corporate office in Redlands, CA)
• 80 distributors worldwide
• 1,800+ partners (we collaborate with major technology leaders: Amazon Web Services, Citrix, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, SAS…)
• Medical, dental, vision (totally paid for employee and dependent)
• Life Insurance – paid
• Matched 401k
• Profit Sharing into 401k
• Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
• Tuition Assistance
Click here to send us your resume