ENERGY SYSTEMS OPTIMIZATION ENGINEER / MANAGEREnergy Systems Optimization Engineer / Manager
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~100-120k+ and 25% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Relocation Assistance is Available; also open to Remote
Required Skills / Experience:
• Energy Optimization and Battery Usage experience
• Advanced knowledge Python and optimization solvers such as Coin, CPLEX, Gurobi, XPRESS, R, MATLAB, etc.
• Specialization in applied mathematics and operational research (linear and non-linear optimization, dynamic programming, tree search and heuristics search algorithms), preferably with experience in the field of renewable energy production or energy storage
• Bachelor’s Degree or above, preferably in Renewable Energy or Energy Storage
• Understanding of behind-the-meter commercial & industrial electricity tariffs and pricing schemes
• Understanding of North American energy markets, with an emphasis on California, PJM, ISO NE, NY, and Ontario Canada
• Knowledge of French would be a bonus
• Ability to work independently and to develop proposals, with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills
• Enjoy working in a dynamic environment within a team
You will help build next generation tools to design, optimize, and control energy storage and distributed energy resource facilities. As part of the optimization and forecasting engineering team, you will develop energy optimization software algorithms and mathematical models.
• Modernize, develop and improve tools used by the Valuation team to screen projects by optimizing energy storage behavior to maximize various revenue streams and size energy storage for specific applications
• Analyze market mechanisms to design solar and storage solutions for North American markets
• Develop algorithms with the Store & Forecast team for real-time operations of battery storage projects using suitable control methods (e.g. linear and non-linear programming, stochastic, metaheuristics, closed loop regulation)
• Work with software engineers to develop energy modeling and control tools into cloud-based applications with modern web-based UIs.
• Act as a product owner work with the software development teams to bring the product vision to life within the timeframe established on product roadmaps.
• Work with Valuation team to incorporate new business models and markets into screening tool. Currently active in California, PJM, ISO NE, NY, and Ontario, Canada
• Produce a user manual and train users on the simulation tool
• Write technical reports for internal and external audiences
• Work on ad-hoc optimization projects
• Potential for direct reports and staff management in the somewhat near term
80% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. 20% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings; and some travel to Paris to train and work with the French team.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume