SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS / DIRECTORSSoftware Development Managers / Directors
Salary is DOE; target is ~130-165k
San Diego, CA 92101 (downtown, parking is paid)
We are a leading SaaS solution for social media and reputation management for multi-location brands and SMB agencies. We were ranked #60 on Inc5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States (3rd in San Diego!) and just closed our Series B financing at $10.5m.
As one of three Engineering Managers/Directors, you will fully own the technology and staff (~10) for one of the key areas of our platform - page management, conversations or ads. Within your realm, you will drive the technology and ensure that sound engineering principles are followed, good architectural decisions are made and teams execute with speed and finesse. We're using mob/swarm programming and continuous integration / continuous delivery with a heavy focus on automated tests and small iterations.
Your people management responsibilities will also include 1:1s and setting individual career development plans, yearly performance reviews, general administrative activities, recruiting, interviewing and hiring new engineers as well as ensuring developers are executing on the tasks with excellence, quality, and focus. You are responsible for ensuring that individual team members perform to the highest standard, deliver on promised projects/timelines and remain enthused about the work.
• 4yr+ Software Development Management or Directorship experience
• Software Engineering background with extensive Lead / Principal level experience
• Experience developing and/or managing in a Mob / Paired Programming environment
• Industry experience with Social Media, Ecommerce, Adtech, SaaS, or similar is nice to have
• Excellent understanding of both technology and people and able to create accountability, resolve conflicts and motivate
• Able to create and maintain a department where timeliness of deliverables, quality, and care for the craft is held to the highest standard
• Excellent verbal and written communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to work, grow, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Own and drive the technology your teams own, including code reviews and architecture
• Maintain low outstanding bug count in owned products by enforcing good coding and testing standards
• Build high-performing teams that collaborate, trust and deliver together
• Track performance metrics for your teams, such as velocity, predictability, defects
• Develop a personal connection with all reports and ensure career growth, job happiness, job satisfaction, continuous learning and a strong commitment to the team and the Company
• Collaborate with product and technical leads to prepare upcoming work items for teams
• Work with teams to plan and deliver work items on a weekly basis
Company / Culture
• Our passionate team work in a convenient downtown office location, (walkable to shops and coffee, with free parking). We have a casual dress environment, paid holidays, Flexible PTO, a comprehensive health & benefits package, quarterly team events, monthly pancake breakfast, periodic potlucks, and daily office snacks, fresh fruit and coffee. Every new team member will be equipped with a new MacBook and a full tech center at their desk to plug in and out of. Above all, you will get to work with a passionate team that loves to laugh.
• We provide a platform for Enterprise customers to manage their social media and marketing strategy. We have an impressive customer base including UPS and Berkshire Hathaway. Our goal is to become a top 5 marketing platform in the world.
• Startup, been in business 5yr+ with strong funding
• Culture of learning and professional growth, office library, budget for books & courses
• Everyone is held to highest professional standards; mutual respect and collaboration
• We're in massive customer / revenue growth phase, new challenges every day
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life and Disability Insurance
• 15 days PTO + 10 holidays (13 days off total for holidays)
Click here to send us your resume