SR. SQL SERVER DBASQL Server DBA
Salary is DOE; target is ~120-140k
San Diego, CA 92121 (Sorrento Valley)
• Extensive SQL Server Administration
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and Data Protection Manager
• T-SQL development is nice to have
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
This position is a stand-alone DBA that will be replacing a remote consultant.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, architecture, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our enterprise applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be responsible for the development and sustainability of our SQL Server Warehouses, ensuring their operational readiness (security, health, availability and performance), evaluating data loads\growth, and performing data modeling and query design in support of multiple development teams.
• Stand-alone DBA
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product life-cycles and environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical leadership and cross-training to development team members.
Premier provider of inventory management solutions with industry-leading intelligence software to improve productivity and reduce inventory costs. With more than 16,000 installations in over 44 countries, providing inventory management solutions to world-class manufacturers and distributors.
• ~90 people in the company, ~60 in this office
• In business 20yr+
• Privately held and profitable
• 18 Days PTO, 9 holidays (PTO increases at 5 and 10 years)
• Medical, Dental, Vision (variety of plans), and FSA
• Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
Click here to send us your resume