GIS DEVELOPERGIS Developer
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~90-100k + bonus)
Houston, TX 77041 with 50% work from home
Some travel (~30% initially, 10-15% once settled)
Required Skills / Experience:
• GIS Web Development
• GIS Scripting Automation
• Strong ArcGIS experience (strong mix of Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Server, SDE, ModelBuilder, Raster Calculator)
• Experience using GPS technology to collect and validate field data
• Ability to write complex conditional statements for analytical production
• Able to travel; up to ~30% initially and 10-15% once settled in
• Object Oriented Development
• SQL Server
• AutoCAD (Map3D, LDD, or Civil3D preferred)
• Global Mapper
• Familiarity with environmental issues, assessments, permitting, wind and solar energy, and electrical utility
• Cursory knowledge of solar site assessment or software is favorable (PVSys)
• Cursory knowledge of wind modeling or turbine siting and software is favorable (OpenWind, Windographer)
• Priority management, multi-tasking, flexibility, attention to detail, and creativity
• Intuitive, accurate, hard-working and professional
• Able to work with diverse group of individuals (project managers, developers, consultants, asset management and other technical staff)
• Strong and clear interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Produce quality work that brings value to the team and company
• Willing and able to learn new technical skills involving industry-specific software and or/techniques.
Responsibilities (50% GIS Web Dev, 25% Scripting/Automation, 25% Analysis):
• Support wind and solar resource modeling efforts through highly technical geospatial analysis processes.
• Create high-quality static and interactive maps for site analysis, presentation, publication, wind & solar generation layouts.
• Assess and validate model results from resource assessment team with respect to development constraints.
• Provide spatial planning support, conduct analytical studies, and validate development constraints, permits, and conditions.
• Use variety of multiple resources and data layers to develop maps and databases of property information for site developers, including project boundaries and ownership, wind data, transmission lines, etc.
• Coordinate with corporate GIS staff to maintain standard management of GIS data
• Support staff and consultants in analyzing sites for environmental & development permitting.
• Coordinate use of outside consultants for additional GIS, surveying, modeling, analytical, environmental and development activities.
• Occasional field work to validate proposed development via GPS.
• Create repetitive task automation programs using Python.
• Create, maintain and support GIS web server applications utilizing ArcGIS Server and Geocortex technologies.
• Assist Senior GIS Programmer in the building, maintenance and support of Citrix XenApp applications servers to host above technologies.
• Assist Senior GIS Programmer in the building, maintenance and support of Microsoft IIS application servers to host above technologies.
• Responsible for creating web map applications and writing complex conditional statements for analytical productions.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical (multiple options including one that is 100% paid)
• Dental and Vision
• Matched 401k
Click here to send us your resume