SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGERSoftware Engineering Manager
120k Salary + great benefits (profit sharing, strong 401k match, etc.)
San Diego, CA 92121
• Lead or Management experience
• Software Design and Development including a mix of Java, .NET, Front End, and Back End
• Frameworks including mix of: Spring, Hibernate, nHibernate, Entity, MVC
• Web Services (REST, SOAP)
• Databases (SQL Server, DB2, etc.)
• Strong understanding of application lifecycle management tools for source control, continuous integration and deployment, and various areas of testing (unit, integration, load, performance and vulnerability)
• Available to be on-call
• BSCS or similar
• Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing
• Understanding of micro services architecture and application container deployment model
• Understanding of application and web server technologies (IIS)
• Understanding of network and hardware infrastructure as it relates to application development, configuration and support
• Understanding of mobile and tablet application development and deployment
• Microsoft or Oracle (Java) certifications
• Financial Industry
• Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-starting with high initiative
• Persistent and dependable
• Software Architecture
• Software Engineering
• Subject matter expert on the highest value / highest complexity projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments, coaching team members and more junior technical staff to help ensure project success
• Directs and oversees technical reviews
• Ability to create and monitor budgets
• Medical, dental and vision coverage with low premiums
• Flexible spending accounts
• Matching 401k plan (dollar for dollar up to 5%)
• Incentive program (this is a company-wide, twice yearly, incentive that can range between 1-6% of annual)
• Vacation and sick time; 11 company-paid holidays
• Casual dress code
• Workout facility; recreational areas including a basketball court
• Employee loan discounts (auto, home, credit card, etc.)
• Onsite job and personal development classes
Responsible for leading, coaching, and supporting a team of passionate software engineers, in addition to promoting and demonstrating our culture and core values, and delivering high quality software solutions that are appropriate for our business strategies.
Will work in close partnership and collaboration with Business Technology leadership, in driving software architecture and engineering practices that supports and enables our various business and technology strategies.
Responsible for directing, guiding, and defining delivery of enterprise-wide software solutions that are high quality and high availability.
Oversees development best practices, which includes but is not limited to regular planning and review activities, continuous integration, adherence to security best practices, and test driven development to meet the needs of our business within the context of enterprise architecture, software engineering, and systems integration.
Leads the identification and analysis of key business drivers to develop enterprise software architecture requirements, including data architecture, application security authentication, integration architecture, reliability, maintainability, scalability, usability, testability, and documentation of architecture for solutions.
Responsible for research and development, analyzing technology, and industry and market trends to determine potential impacts to, and opportunities for our credit union regarding areas of emerging or new software technologies.
Serves as technical authority, subject matter expert and point of escalation on complex software architectural and development issues.
Click here to send us your resume