SR. LEAD QUALITY ENGINEER (COACH) – 2 OPENINGSSr. Lead Quality Engineer (Coach) – 2 openings
Pay Rate is open depending on experience
San Diego, CA 92121 (UTC)
• Strong Quality Assurance and Engineering
• Team Lead / Mentoring experience
• Strong Automation (Test Tools like Selenium, Quality Center, and Unit testing frameworks like Junit)
• Working knowledge of build and release cycles, CI/CD processes
• Working knowledge of development framework/technologies: Git, Jira, CI & CD tools, artifact repository tools, and automation scripting
• Agile Environment Experience
• Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them
• Strong communication skills as listed below under soft skills are a hard requirement
• BSCS, BSIT, BSIS, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written to multiple levels of the organization
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with immediate team members, other IT areas, and clients in other departments
• Professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment
• Excellent synthesizing and organization skills
• Smart and adaptable, able to take on new technologies and new situations
The objective of the coach is to help teams develop their QA/QE skills to help software developers enhance product quality and performance. QA/QE Coaches work closely with product developers and QA/QE resources to ensure best practices are being followed. The ideal candidate will have experience with QA/QE toolsets, understand testing automation techniques and agile methodologies. And someone to help drive the adoption of the CI/CD practices and behaviors.
• Helping individuals and teams adopt QA/QE practices and mindsets through training and coaching, establishing and maintaining norms, and helping teams to apply quality software development practices in a consistent manner.
• Go-to expert on QA/QE methods and challenges team members to use a disciplined approach for developing operational capabilities. Challenging the team to move test capabilities left, up the development lifecycle, eventually leading to test driven development.
• Anticipates and identifies issues; provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity.
• Gauges team QA/QE maturity, sets action plans for improvement and provides feedback on progress.
• Established team metrics that show coverage, failure rates, and performance.
• Promotes and facilitates in a cohesive manner the adoption of QA/QE techniques and practices within development and quality assurance teams.
• Facilitates test data strategy creation and adoption to ensure test cases are resilient and predictable.
• Share experiences and observations with all development team members to ensure that best practices are being followed.
• Are passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching, not afraid to raise issues and drive sustainable change and remove impediments to adoption.
Management consulting company working on a large, long-term project for Union Bank.
Click here to send us your resume