NETWORK / SYSTEMS ENGINEERNetwork / Systems Engineer
Salary is DOE; ~100-120k+ and bonus
San Diego, CA 92121 (UTC)
• Strong Network Engineer background (Routers; switches, firewalls, VPNs, etc.); we are using Palo alto networks and Force10 but other backgrounds are fine (e.g. Cisco)
• Cloud networks (AWS or other)
• Ability to automate repetitive tasks
• SaaS Environment
• Project Management
• Working knowledge of Linux system administration and shell scripting experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, backup, recovery and client support
• Oracle RDBMS management
• Familiarity with VMWare and virtual machines
• Working knowledge of EMC SAN products
• Experience with Chef / Ansible CMS and Automation tools (Rundeck, Puppet, Spacewalk)
• Team player. Able to communicate, lead and coach other team members, present to non-technical audience including customers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solution oriented, constructive approach to problem-solving
• Self-motivation and strong work ethic
• You enjoy working in a multi-cultural and international environment
Responsibilities (these are for the general systems and networking team; but this position is heavily focused on Network Engineering)
• Installation and management of existing VMware VCenter and corresponding ESX systems.
• Support the DBA group in backup storage requirements for our Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB databases
• Installation of new and management of existing Palo Alto Firewalls monitoring of and recommendations for growth.
• Installation and management of existing Force10 switches monitoring of and recommendations for growth.
• Installation and management of existing VPN and collaborating with customers to implement new VPNs.
• Manage existing relationships with colocation facilities in Paris and the US.
• Familiarity with the Palo Alto Panorama management utility in day to day operations and support.
• Installation and management of existing Dell Blade Chassis with experience on firmware maintenance.
• Research, recommend and develop innovative, and where possible automated approaches for daily administrative tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
• Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Monitor daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from the engineering and support organizations; investigate and troubleshoot system and application issues
• Implement DR process to recover services in the event of disaster
• Apply network and systems device firmware and OS updates and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation
• Assist in performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
Global leader in cloud-based treasury, cash and risk management solutions, delivering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) financial technology to corporate CFOs and Treasurers. More than 1,500 global organizations use our software to enhance their global cash visibility, improve financial controls, and increase productivity across their cash and liquidity, payments, supply chain finance and risk management operations. We are headquartered in New York, with offices in San Diego, Paris, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro. We have added 200 new clients in the past twelve months and is growing at a fast pace!
• PTO: Vacation time (15 days/year), Sick time (5 days/year), Floating holidays (1 day/2017, 2 days/year thereafter) and paid Company Holidays (9 holidays)
• Life & Disability
• 401k with Company match
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Culture and Values:
We value a strong work culture and sense of community and ownership among our global team. We live by our “iCare” value system to demonstrate our care and commitment to our clients and to each other. In hiring, we look for candidates that are a strong fit with our culture and values, as well as bring the talent and experience required by the position.
• Innovation: We foster innovation and entrepreneurial thinking across our team by rewarding employees for their achievements and encouraging efficiency and continual process improvement.
• Client Success: Our passion is to enable our clients’ success. We do this by understanding their needs and developing and managing solutions that provide them the insight to effectively drive decision making within their organizations.
• Accountability: We each take personal responsibility for our actions. We are committed to our own continuous improvement and we go the extra mile to meet our clients' needs.
• Respect: We respect each other’s ideas, efforts, and commitments, and embrace our diverse cultures and points of view. We achieve our goals through teamwork, responsiveness, open communication and a positive attitude.
• Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do and bring the passion and commitment to deliver on our promises. We achieve excellence through leadership, teamwork, transparency and integrity, and we are committed to recognizing employee achievements.
Click here to send us your resume