SR. SQL SERVER DBASr. SQL Server DBA
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~100-120k and 10% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Required Skills / Experience:
• Strong SQL Server Administration
• Minimum 5yrs experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server in a complex production environment
• Hands on experience in Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SQL 2012 and SQL 2014 technologies
• Expertise in performance tuning and query optimization, backup and recovery, and database security
• Experience designing database systems for optimal database performance including hardware specification, operating system configuration and physical database configuration
• Experience with systems and database management monitoring tools
• SSIS and SSRS
• Skilled at developing and executing test plans, scripts, procedures, etc.
• Capable of recommending ideas on continuous process improvements and cost reductions
• Compliance (NERC is a big plus)
• Cloud Environment (Azure or AWS)
• SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) tool
• Tableau server administration and dashboard development
• Microsoft SharePoint 2013
• Experience within the Utility industry
• SQL Server Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
• Highly motivated, self-starter and works with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong team player
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
• Ability to multi-task/prioritize/act in complex environments
• Dynamic and interested in learning new tech
• 80% DBA, 20% Development
• Database administration of SQL Servers including planning, installation, configuration, upgrades and migration of databases.
• Database development and maintenance using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 technologies.
• Expertise in developing and maintaining reusable programs using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) and SQL statements.
• Database design, modeling and implementation.
• Implement and maintain database security and user access applying principle of least privilege.
• Analyze and tune databases and SQL Queries for optimal performance
• Data warehouse design and implementation
• Implement and maintain SQL Server clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
• Implement and maintain database backups. Verify and perform database restore as appropriate.
• Maintains database access and security as applicable.
• Develop and maintain ETL programs, data cubes and complex queries.
• Implement and maintain databases on Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform.
• Collaborate with application, infrastructure and security teams for adherence to best practices and process standardization includes NERC compliance.
• Ensures database designs meet scalability, stability and performance requirements.
• Develop and execute policies and procedures for database development, administration and security.
• Maintains awareness of technical issues with hardware, software, patches, configuration, and capacity.
• Focuses on continuous skill and knowledge improvement by attending technical training, reading technical journals, and peer and user group networking.
• Provides 7/24 database operations management for incident resolution. Perform root cause analysis to prevent issue recurrence.
You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, automating, performance tuning and troubleshooting database technologies within corporate, development and field operations databases. The databases include but are not limited to PI system, SCADA system, pipelines, power price modeling, monitoring energy production, Esri ArcGIS, land management, and data warehouses. Current team is 3 other DBA / Developers.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume