FLEET / PERFORMANCE / WIND TURBINE ENGINEERFleet / Performance / Wind Turbine Engineer position
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~100-110k and 10% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Relocation Assistance is Available
Required Skills / Experience:
• Experience with Renewable Energy and specifically Wind. Some mix of the following:
o Wind Turbines
o Wind Resource Assessment
o Statistics, data analysis, time series, data cleaning
o Aerodynamics knowledge
o Structural loading knowledge
o Mechanical Engineering background (structural, drive train, etc.)
o Electrical Engineering
o Knowledge on how a wind farm is developed and exploited throughout the life
• Experience in querying, merging and analyzing disparate data sources.
• Working knowledge of Life Data Analysis calculations and analysis.
• Familiarity with MatLab, Python and/or SQL.
• Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office Suite, (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• ~10-20% Travel in North America
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights >80 meters
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, etc.
• OSI PI
• Ability to present and effectively communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to work independently and with a team to develop innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Highly motivated, self-starter and works with minimal supervision
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
• Serve as the primary engineering point of contact for on technical issues that arise from assigned assets.
• Query multiple databases to compile, merge, analyze and periodically report on causes of decreased performance and reliability for assigned assets.
• Identify and manage technical issues and corrective actions using internal subject matter experts and/or external resources as required.
• Conduct engineering reviews and approvals for all technical changes for assigned assets inclusive of changes to documents, software, firmware, hardware, etc.
• Support in maintaining our configuration database inclusive of make, model and serial numbers for all major components on assigned assets.
• Perform fleet reliability analysis on assigned assets to quantify future risk of failure and operational expense.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist other team members as needed.
• Track, manage, advise and report on technical aspects of warranty claims.
• Chair periodic meetings with Field Engineers, Asset Managers and site technicians to coordinate performance and reliability improvement efforts.
• Attend meetings with OEMs and vendors as required to correct performance and reliability issues.
• Travel to assigned sites as needed to interface with site personnel and to investigate performance and reliability issues.
• Participate in meetings at Construction to COD handoff to ensure that Project Management technical deliverables are met, where needed
• Using historical data trends and events, develop methods to predict and prevent future losses of performance and reliability.
• Create, edit and maintain technical requirement and specification documents as needed.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Fleet Engineering Manager.
Eighty percent of time is spent in the office environment, attending meetings, conference calls, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. Twenty percent of the time is spent outside of the office investigating issues in the field, attending trade shows, conferences, seminars and meeting with suppliers.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume