AWS CLOUD DEVELOPERAWS Cloud Developer
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~105-120k + 25% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain; where the 15 meets the 56)
Relocation Assistance is available
Required Skills / Experience:
• Experience on the AWS platform with a multitude of Amazon products and a bias towards serverless architectures and infrastructure as code
• Experience in an agile process environment, with a preference towards scrum
• High expertise designing testable software and writing automated tests
• Strong proficiency in code version control, repositories, containers, and associated tools
• Expertise in both relational and NoSQL databases
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment with quickly changing goals, responsibilities, technologies, etc.
• Able to travel Nationally and Internationally occasionally
• Experience or interest in Renewable Energy or other energy markets; energy optimization and/or storage would be a huge plus
• Python Design and Development
• Infrastructure as code / DevOps
• AWS Certification
• BSCS or similar
• Experience in organizational change management and digital transformation
• Experience with data lake design
• Experience with IoT and/or SCADA systems
• Able to speak French
• Highly skilled at multi-tasking, prioritization and implementation in complex environments
• Able to work autonomously and well with a team
• Results/goal oriented with a strong work ethic
• Able to manage multiple projects
Responsible to help build next generation tools on the AWS cloud to design, optimize, and control energy storage and distributed energy resource facilities. As part of the optimization and forecasting engineering team, create industrialized software for energy optimization algorithms and mathematical models in support of our distributed solutions team.
• Develop software on a modern technology stack to:
o Create and improve tools used by the distributed valuation team to screen projects by optimizing energy storage behavior to maximize various revenue streams and size energy storage for specific applications.
o Analyze market mechanisms to design and optimize solar plus storage solutions.
o Leverage algorithms with the Store & Forecast team for real-time operations of battery storage projects using suitable control methods (e.g. linear and non-linear programming, stochastic, metaheuristics, closed loop regulation)
• Architect cloud solutions on the AWS platform to add new features and capabilities in line with information technology, security, and platform service architecture standards.
• Pursue, research, and implement best engineering practices for software development and DevOps.
• Enforce all software construction policy and practices.
• Advise management on cloud development choices and best practices.
• Keep informed of new technologies and work to ensure the program leverages advancements in modern cloud technology offerings.
• Ensure that the team is following good coding standards and principles to develop high quality products.
• Provide guidance to other team members by coaching and mentoring them on good clean coding practices.
• Serve as the expert within the team on tools and technology used.
• Coach the team on agile practices and ensure that they are followed.
• Lead and facilitate new technology adoption for the betterment of product scalability and reliability.
• Troubleshoot issues and be the first line defense for issues and challenges.
• Mentor and coach junior team members in software development best practices and the software construction policy.
• Manage third party team members to ensure compliance with software development best practices and the software construction policy.
• Assist in the production of documentation and user manuals and train users on software platforms.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume