SR. JAVA ENGINEER / ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTSr. Java Engineer / Enterprise Architect
Compensation is DOE (target is 140-155k)
San Diego, CA 92123 (Mission Valley)
The company provides real-time remote heart monitoring and analysis. They are an Apple partner and are in the process of moving to a cloud and microservices architecture.
Experience / Education:
• Expert in Java
• Cloud Services at scale – Azure (desirable), Chaos Monkey
• Security – Supported by the architecture
• Compliance – HIPAA
• Microservices architectures – Scale, Stateful Services, minimizing data redundancy
• Event driven architectures – MQ Brokers (RabbitMQ)
• Modern development practices – CI/CD, Automation, Containers, DevOps model
• .NET Development is desired
Under general guidance, the Enterprise Architect provides technology solution guidance and recommendations for business initiative projects across the enterprise. Develops a deep understanding of business objectives and strategies and ensures technology architectural vision is fully aligned with those objectives and strategies. Anticipates future business challenges and brings innovative technology solutions and options to IT leadership. This position interfaces with solution vendors, all technology areas and business lines to develop understanding of key strategies, business drivers and business objectives to research technology landscape and recommend technology strategy that will contribute to future success of the company. Promotes effective use of technology solutions to all levels of the company and functions as a design consultant with strong knowledge of best practices.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to FDA requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources.
• Design and lead the implementation of an enterprise-wide technical and architecture practice based on enterprise business requirements and information technology strategies. Provide solution architecture to projects as needed.
• Consult with business and IT leaders to develop project scopes and business cases that meet both business and IT strategies as well as roadmaps.
• Consult with infrastructure, security, and application development projects to fit systems to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
• Oversee the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, and the design of standard configurations.
• Define the principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
• Document all technical architecture design and analysis work. Update the application portfolio and map all applications to a business capability map.
• Educates, trains, and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes.
• Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the enterprise.
• Analyze current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
Company / Benefits:
• We provide real-time remote heart monitoring and analysis using our own innovative hardware and software products
• 1000 Employees Globally
• Public since 2000
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• HSA and FSA
• Life, AD&D, and disability
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
Click here to send us your resume