RUBY TEAM LEAD / DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERINGDirector of Engineering
Salary target is ~140-150k + Equity
San Diego, CA 92121 (relocation assistance is available)
• Team Lead or Management experience
• Sr. Software Engineering experience, specifically with web platforms, cloud applications, or enterprise class software
• Experience developing and/or managing in a Ruby Environment
• Proven experience scaling teams
• C# / .NET and Golang
• Startup experience
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in CS or similar
• Experience in mentoring junior team members with true desire to gift them with knowledge and experience
• Strong desire to work in a growing and self-improving environment
• Great attention to detail and dedication to quality
• Display strong collaboration and communication skills with all levels of team members and stakeholders
• "Get it done" mentality
• Superior ability to effectively communicate with all levels of team members and key stakeholders
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering, reporting directly to the CTO, co-founder.
As the first official Director of Engineering, this is a unique and novel opportunity for a hands-on Director to have significant and key impact on our organization and product. This role will be empowered to set forth the technical path in partnership with key stakeholders and grow your own team. This role will directly interact with established team members in product and engineering to quickly gain understanding into important technical historical events, current standing and future goals.
This role will be responsible for managing the entirety of engineering workflows, projects, and tasks. The Director will be hands on, working closely with engineers to ensure project and business objectives are aligned and executed on deadline.
Development of key metrics and benchmarks will be important as the team scales to meet rising engineering needs. The Director will build out organizational processes and documentation structure as many of these are currently in early stage and in need of robust build out to prevent bottlenecks. Establishment of superior communication across many channels will be of the utmost importance as the team scales.
As the Director, this role will also be responsible for ensuring the success, productivity and engagement of the entire engineering team. You will be expected to proactively engage with team members in reviews, mentor-based interaction, and identifying professional development needs. Successful scaling of this team will largely depend on the Director’s ability to identify, develop, and advance top tier talent.
This role provides an opportunity to:
• Be a key player in the direct influence and implementation of the vision for the future of our platform with a key focus on business innovation.
• Build a world class engineering team with significant influence in Healthcare space.
• Directly report to the founder and CTO
• Make your mark as the very first Director of Engineering with potential to advance into a VP role
• Managing 4 Full time engineers and a contract UX person
• Mentoring and growing the team
• Involved with technical architecture
• Code reviews and some paired programming
• San Diego based startup changing the way healthcare practices communicate with their patients by building amazing technologies. Founded in 2014, we are rapidly growing and recently awarded the #1 Top Workplace by San Diego Union Tribune.
• VC Funded Startup
• 2500+ Clients in 48 states
• Unlimited Vacation
• Medical and Dental
• Some scheduled work from home time
• Stocked Pantry
• Pizza Mondays
• Team Happy Hours
Click here to send us your resume