REMOTE LINUX SOFTWARE ENGINEERLinux Software Engineer
Remote / Work from home, with travel (~1 week a quarter)
Schedule is Sun-Thur or Tues-Sat after intro training period
Salary is DOE, ~110-135k
This team commits a significant amount of code to a major Linux distribution code base.
Required skills and experience
• 5yr+ Linux Based C Development
• Linux Kernel and User Space Development with upstream patches
• Able to work a schedule that includes a weekend day
Desirable skills and experience
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English over Email, IRC, and in person
• Self-driven and willing ask others when appropriate
• Highly motivated, productive and organized
• Capable of working from home full time
You will help with troubleshooting and driving customer bugs to resolution by providing workarounds, guidance, and designing and authoring fixes to be released in Ubuntu and its supporting software packages. Your role will provide sustaining engineering support for the full stack of our products, including OpenStack, Kubernetes, as well as the Ubuntu user space and kernel.
• Resolve complex problems related to the full stack of our products including OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ubuntu server and kernel.
• Resolve complex problems in orchestration and deployment technologies including Juju, MAAS, Charms, Snaps and others.
• Maintain a close working relationship with our Customer Engagement and Product Engineering teams.
• Analyze and participate in upstream development against current customer-reported bugs, developing and backporting patches as appropriate.
• Ability to identify and apply efficient problem solving techniques.
• Manage workload to ensure that customer issues are all timely handled and driven to resolution.
• Participate in team discussions and meetings to improve process, tools, and documentation.
• Maintain clear, concise and accurate technical documentation.
• Be able to travel internationally up to 10% of work time for team meetings, events and conferences.
Company / Benefits:
A growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver a major Linux distribution. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security.
• Opportunity to be part of a major distribution of Linux
• Work from home
• 3 weeks vacation
• Strong health benefits
• Annual compensation review
• Learning and Development
• Recognition Rewards
Click here to send us your resume