SR. / LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEERSr. / Lead DevOps Engineer
Salary is DOE; target is ~135-150k
San Diego, CA 92103 (Hillcrest)
• 5+ years of DevOps or System Admin experience, with a strong preference towards web application management. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with an understanding of fundamental networking practice, web server configuration, monitoring, and high availability.
• Know your way around AWS environments, including provisioning, networking, and key management
• Have experience with an automated deployment and provisioning tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
• Are all about best practices for DevOps, especially in the areas of security, performance, and disaster recovery
• Are known as an expert of CLI/POSIX environments, particularly as it relates to networking
• Leadership experience
• Docker and containerization experience
• Metric and instrumentation-based approach to environment monitoring
• HIPAA or compliance environment experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or similar
• Able to multi-task effectively
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
Summary / Responsibilities
We are hiring for an on-site Senior / Lead DevOps Engineer to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. Our development stack is a Ruby on Rails application deployed to Amazon AWS on Linux servers. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture and continuous integration.
• Foster and grow our culture of automation and security, while maintaining ownership of our AWS cloud environment.
• Support our team as we strengthen our DevOps processes, by:
o Expanding upon our existing CI/CD pipelines
o Readying our nascent containerization efforts for production
o Curating and guiding our incident response process
• Keep us—and our hospital partners—secure by developing and maintaining a deep understanding of what it takes to be HIPAA-compliant. As part of this, you’ll get the unique opportunity to participate in our SOC-II certification efforts (something that will differentiate not just our business, but you, as well!).
• Play an important role in getting our hospital partners up-and-running through the provisioning of new environments and establishing connections for integration.
• Take our analytic and data science efforts to the next level by exploring and designing data warehousing strategies.
• Increase reliability and performance of our application delivery by identifying tools and best practices.
• We aim to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. with the industry’s largest and broadest team of nurse-educated, quality information specialists using our market-leading technology platform. Processing in excess of one million quality data transactions annually, we are a comprehensive quality partner to hundreds of hospitals, providing abstraction, extraction, surveillance, measure calculations, analysis, submission, reporting, and improvement solutions.
• Privately held company owned by private equity company
• Health, Dental, Vision
• 19 days PTO
• Flexible hours and 6 remote days a quarter (~2 per month)
• Open minded, collaborative, culture
• Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source
• Pet Friendly Office
Click here to send us your resume