UX / UI DESIGNERUX/UI Designer
Salary is DOE; target is ~90-120k
San Diego, CA 92103 (Hillcrest)
• UX/UI design experience on web applications
• Mastered modern design tools. You could navigate Sketch, Illustrator, or Photoshop in your sleep
• Consider yourself an HTML and CSS (along with preprocessors SASS/LESS/etc.) pro
• Possess a strong understanding of usability principles
• Are familiar with software development concepts and processes (e.g., version control, ticketing systems, Agile methodology)
• Know how to manage projects
• Have a portfolio you can share
• Experience leading a number of large projects while coordinating between product and development
• Leadership experience or capability
• Able to multi-task effectively
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
Summary / Responsibilities
We are searching for an onsite UX/UI Designer to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. In this role, you will help craft the experience and design of our web applications, with an eye towards efficiency and usability which means you’ll play an important part in growing and maturing our product. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture and continuous integration.
• 60% UX Design, 20% UI Design, 20% Web Design (HTML/CSS)
• Apply your creative nature and visionary ways to the design of novel and existing web applications.
• Engage with users to perform usability research, working to identify workflow enhancements that will create more efficiency and improve performance.
• Serve as an advocate for users within our existing product and software development life cycle.
• Collaborate with the rest of the San Diego crew to turn great ideas into awesome realities. You’ll lead the design team in taking initial concepts and requirements all the way through developer-ready designs.
• Interpret and translate user insights into concepts, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes.
• Improve design, usability, and engagement through the analysis and integration of front-end metrics.
• Mentor and nurture junior designers, supporting their personal and professional growth and development.
• We aim to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. with the industry’s largest and broadest team of nurse-educated, quality information specialists using our market-leading technology platform. Processing in excess of one million quality data transactions annually, we are a comprehensive quality partner to hundreds of hospitals, providing abstraction, extraction, surveillance, measure calculations, analysis, submission, reporting, and improvement solutions.
• Privately held company owned by private equity company
• Health, Dental, Vision
• 19 days PTO
• Flexible hours and 6 remote days a quarter (~2 per month)
• Open minded, collaborative, culture
• Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source
• Pet Friendly Office
Click here to send us your resume