SR. NETWORK ENGINEERSr. Network Engineer
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~110-140k and 10% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Required Skills / Experience:
• Expert working knowledge of networking infrastructure including firewalls, routers, switches, VPN solutions, border connection devices and security, and data center operation
• Cisco Routers and Switches
• Technical/operational level understanding of carrier-based services (DS3, T1, T3, DS3, OC3, E1, ISDN, POTS, MPLS, and VPN) and direct experience troubleshooting circuits
• Implementers knowledge level of WAN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and security protocol operations
• Thorough understanding of VLAN and spanning-tree technologies
• Thorough understanding of maintenance issues related to managing co-locations
• Able to travel ~10-25% Nationally in US, Mexico, and Canada
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Strong understanding of real time data collection and supervisory control systems (SCADA)
• Cisco Certifications
• Demonstrated ability to be productive and produce quality results in a dynamic work environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional work ethic and commitment to customer service
• Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers and cross-functional team members from a variety of business functions
Responsible for analyzing, upgrading, monitoring, managing, and expanding our network infrastructure related to network and Operations Control Center operations located throughout North America. These operations include wind and solar power generation plants owned and data center network operations. Additional responsibilities include infrastructure design and implementation at all network operations corporate and field, working collaboratively with construction engineering, corporate team members, and other technical contributors. Will also develop, implement, and monitor our network and Operations Control Center while maintaining compliance with NERC CIP and other regulatory standards and guidelines. Job responsibilities include managing the work flow, control owner actions and reporting, goals, budget, and guiding the network engineering team members as instructed by the Manager of Network Operations.
• 50%+ Project work – configuration, build, architecture, and design; 25% Network Administration and upkeep; 25% all other functions
• Design, plan, architect, implement and maintain current and future operations networking infrastructure in accordance with best practices and business goals. Key focus on availability, security and performance. Support of these systems includes rotating availability for 24/7 on-call emergency response.
• Interface between the Information Technology department and the Asset Optimization, Grid-Scale Power, Technical Services, Distributed Solutions and Corporate groups to determine strategic needs and requirements related to network infrastructure required for business unit operations.
• Assess and remediate compliance and/or risk management issues related to NERC CIP and other governmental or regulatory requirements. Develop, implement, and monitor operational policies and procedures for compliance with applicable government regulations, customer-specific/owner-specific requirements, and industry best practices
• Develop and maintain a systematic plan for monitoring, alerting and configuration management of all supported network infrastructure. Train other groups on monitoring systems to better troubleshoot connectivity issues and improve on-call processes. Develop and generate meaningful availability metrics for Senior Management.
• Participate in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality customer service. Follow Change Management procedures related to system upgrades and patch management. Develop and streamline Change Management process to improve efficiency on routine changes.
• Mentor and train junior level engineers and lower tier support groups. Ensure that multiple engineers understand and can support all technologies to provide redundant coverage of all systems.
• Active contribution to team's growth and adherence to compliance and IT best practices targets - Understanding and practicing IT best practices principles and helping the team to increase its efficiency and effectiveness with timely contribution to team success. Adhering to all the IT general controls processes, procedures, and policies as well as Compliance objectives.
• Generate and maintain infrastructure documentation including network designs, addressing schemes and version management and maintain document portal and documentation standards.
• On time accurate delivery: Ensuring that your assigned processes/procedures/projects are executed on time and with active and punctual delivery of personal and/or subordinates Control Owner documentation requirements.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume