COMPLIANCE ANALYST / SPECIALISTCompliance Analyst / Specialist
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~80-130k+ and 15 or 25% bonus); there are multiple positions from Junior to Senior Level
San Diego, CA 92128 (Carmel Mountain, off the 15 and 56)
Required Skills / Experience:
• Compliance experience with one or more of the following standards: NERC, NIST, ISO 27001
• Able to travel ~10% in North American
• Experience with North American Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Security or Networking Certifications
• Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communications across all levels of an organization including non-IT and executives
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, service-oriented working relationships with peers and cross-functional team members from a variety of business functions
• Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills to aid in the resolution of compliance issues
• Superior analytical abilities involving complex problems; exercise sound judgment
• Dynamic, self-starting, and self-managing
• Ability to multi-task/prioritize/act in complex environments
• Able to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
Summary / Responsibilities:
Promotes the reliability of the Bulk Power System through rigorous compliance with applicable NERC standards monitoring and enforcement activities and functions as a team member for internal and external audit preparation. Ensures relevant, valid, reliable, stacking, and sufficient evidence is available to demonstrate compliance.
• Ensuring effective regulatory compliance to the North American Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards by providing guidance to support and enhance operational business unit’s risk management, Cyber, Information, Physical and Personnel Security programs.
• Maintaining and revise as needed compliance program infrastructure including the administration and maintenance of compliance policies, programs, and procedures related to the NERC CIP Standards.
• Preparing for, coordinate and support compliance audits conducted by internal resources, consultants or regulatory organizations.
• Working with responsible organizations to coordinate resolving compliance issues, and develop improvement recommendations and mitigation plans.
• Document and submit potential violations to regulatory organizations and ensure they are tracked for timely resolution and fully documented in auditable records.
• Utilizing compliance technology to assign, track and monitor compliance efforts.
• Coordinating FE compliance self-certification and data submittal activities.
• Keeping responsible organizations informed regarding NERC Standards Development activities associated with NERC’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards. Solicit input from appropriate subject matter experts and effectively communicating our position on proposed regulatory standards to NERC.
• Ensuring timely adherence from responsible business units to all new/revised NERC and NERC RTO regulatory obligations associated with Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards.
• Maintaining awareness of emerging utility industry issues through benchmarking and participation in appropriate utility forums/groups.
• Recommending and/or implement appropriate programs/initiatives, leading project teams as necessary, in order to timely implement effective integration of compliance programs or initiatives.
• Leading Renewable Energy Company
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Discounted Onsite Lunch
• Onsite Gym
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume