SR. LEAD TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEERSr. Lead Test Automation Engineer
Compensation is DOE (target is ~110-140k + pre-IPO stock options)
San Diego, CA 92123 (Kearny Mesa)
• Strong test automation and/or software engineering, with knowledge of build automation workflows and patterns
• Strong testing skills and proficiency with test automation tools
• In-depth knowledge of unit-test frameworks such as RSpec, Junit, etc.
• Experience with code-coverage tools and analysis
• Experience with API test tools such as Postman and RestAssured
• Experience with UI testing through Selenium, Appium, etc.
• Experience configuring, integrating and maintaining CI/CD tools
• Experience with Agile/Lean/Scrum/Kanban
• Leadership experience or aspirations is a plus
• BSCS, BSIT, or similar
• Experience with Healthcare software is a nice to have
• Experience of building strong working relationships within a team environment
• Must be able to manage a steady stream of concurrent projects
• Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems
• Proactive approach to problem solving, organized and determined with a high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in talking to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in the project
• Develop both white-box and black-box test automation strategies for our complex, microservices product architecture
• Develop manual test strategies for some components and front-ends – or can you automate this?
• Write white-box tests in Ruby, Java or Python
• Build a team that can operate and execute by hiring local test automation engineers and selecting vendors to perform manual testing
• Integrate test frameworks into the design and development of our advanced CI and CD pipelines
• Collaborate closely with development teams & technical operations that use a mix of different languages and frameworks, and deploy to cloud platforms such as AWS and Heroku
• Combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• 200+ employees - across San Diego and Mountain View
• Completed Series D round of funding -81 m (valuation is 450 million)
• 60-70 folks in marketing finance, sales, etc.
• 140 people are sales agents complex call center management
• 12 people in engineering - the team will double this year (4 current headcount)
We’ve used big data from our popular health test (taken by over 1 million people) to fight for lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well controlled diabetics, yogis, crossfitters, and more. Our goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle through financial rewards to those who make their health a priority. We are looking to hire the best and the brightest talent to help drive our mission to improve the health of the world by celebrating the health conscious.
Is this Startup Going to Make It?
We think so. Our CEO sold his last company to Google for over $120MM; his prior company to Alibaba. He was a board member or advisor to over $1B worth of startup exits to companies like Apple, Amazon, LinkedIn, etc. Past performance may not be indicative of future results, but we like our odds. We’ve grown from 23 people and now hovering 150 people in shy of a year; including opening our newest location in San Diego. This isn’t because we are spending some of the $81MM+ in financing we received like drunken sailors (in fact we are pretty frugal). This is because our revenues have been doubling almost every month since we started selling policies in January of last year.
• Medical (fully paid for employee)
• Unlimited PTO
• Stock Options (pre-IPO)
• Catered healthy lunches; yoga and spin classes
Click here to send us your resume