MORTGAGE UNDERWRITERMortgage Underwriter
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~60-85k+ and bonus)
Remote / Work from Home
We are seeking the help of a motivated team member to fill the role of Underwriter remotely. As a member of the Underwriting team in the Operations organization, the Underwriter should be analytical and exceptional communicators with brilliant research and classification skills. Top candidates will be experts in risk analysis and selection with remarkable decision-making skills, a deep understanding of retention and reinsurance, and sound judgment.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Mortgage Underwriting experience
• DE Certification and Current Chums Number
• VA/LAPP Experience
• Comfortable working remote
• Prior experience working with automated Loan Origination/Underwriting Systems
• Experience working remote
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be self-motivated, passionate, independent, extremely detailed oriented, well-organized, able to work with minimum supervision and work well with all staff levels
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and can learn quickly and retain knowledge of product requirements
• Must be flexible and able to adapt with change
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Evaluate and analyze all loan packages including credit and collateral documentation to ensure investment quality loan product and seek feedback from appraisal department on any questionable collateral
• In partnership with loan originators, work to assist in structuring loans to ensure salability of package.
• Check accuracy of all calculations and analyze income utilizing personal and/or corporate tax returns of all borrowers
• Consult with processing and funding department(s) to ensure all underwriting conditions are met prior to loan closing
• Assist with curing deficiencies in loan files as a result of failure to meet investor, FHA, VA, repurchase and/or Company guidelines
• Maintain accuracy and competency in utilizing the Company’s system of record for automated underwriting of loan files
• Utilize and comply with all automated underwriting certifications for any loans approved in system
• Communicate loan decisions both verbally and in writing in format approved by Company
• Exercise discretion and utilize exceptional analytical abilities to detect discrepancies in documentation and/or information in order to protect Company from fraudulent practices
• Responsible for prudent and timely underwriting of loans in accordance with Company and investor guidelines by ensuring that Company turn times are met and/or exceeded
• Sign off on conditions in accordance with policies and procedures as set by credit officer
• May perform appraisal reviews and work closely with in house appraisal staff to perform secondary/desk reviews
• Respond timely to all audits and maintain acceptable post funding audit results within specific tolerance levels
• Regularly attend and participate in departmental meetings
• Remain up to date and informed on all government regulations and requirements as well as Company guidelines and overlays
• Work closely with underwriting management to resolve questions/issues
• Escalate issues within the Company prescribed process
• Follow the Company standards for delivery of integrity, client focus, teamwork and respect for each individual in every interaction.
• Exhibit observable sense of urgency in the execution of all job functions and duties.
• Meet or exceed levels of Customer Service delivery established by the Company
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Click here to send us your resume