MORTGAGE CLOSERCloser (multiple openings)
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~50-63k + $15 per close with target of 40-50 closes month)
Meridian, ID 83642
Prepare and submit loan closing packages and supporting documents for Conventional, VA and FHA loans. Ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance of submissions in accordance with investor guidelines and applicable regulations, insurer and/or guarantor requirements.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Experience as a Closer for Conventional, FHA and/or VA loans
• Specific Experience closing FHA loans
• Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers, production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and external partners
• General knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional loans
• Thorough knowledge of Conventional loans, including various product/program guidelines, valid documentation requirements, necessary conditions, and investor specific guidelines for closing
• Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification of employment, CD, settlement statement etc.)
• Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF/Document Retention programs
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment, strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers and work well under pressure.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Intermediate math skills
• Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
• Average monthly pipeline is 40-50 loans
• Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws, regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or local ordinances.
• Review Processor input and confirm payees and zero tolerance fees with Settlement Agent.
• Make appropriate adjustments and approve in system; notify Processor.
• Forward Closing Disclosure to Settlement agent for review and approval.
• Review preliminary title reports to identify excluded items and necessary endorsements.
• Communicate loan program requirements to Processors and/or Loan Officers necessary at closing and provide status updates.
• Obtain all outstanding conditions to ensure timely closing and closing of the loan.
• Draw closing documents, issue closing funds and review closed loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation.
• Review and verify the accuracy of the final closing statements prior to closing to ensure compliance with Company, Investor, and Conventional regulations and requirements. Reconcile final figures to calculate wire amount and balance with settlement agent.
• Verify loan closing package complies with insurer and/or guarantor requirements and documentation.
• Prepare, send collateral package within Company timeframes to warehouse bank and submit banking package to Finance in accordance with required timelines.
• Complete comparison check of Final SASS against Final Closing Disclosure; notate any discrepancies in system comments.
• Scan and archive file within Company timeframes, to ensure timely delivery of loan files to investors.
• Obtain recording information and ensure the information is entered into the system.
• Promptly obtain documentation requested by investors or insuring/guaranty post-closing.
Company / Benefits
Closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm, we are dedicated to serving the homeowner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Life insurance, AD&D, and LTD
• Matched 401k
Click here to send us your resume