Full Time Direct Hire
Salary target is ~70-110k+ and bonus (multiple levels up to Staff and Lead)
Several locations in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana (listed below)
Required Skills / Experience:
• Professional Transportation Engineering experience
• Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software and/or MicroStation
• Experience with MDOT projects
• Able to assist in field survey and construction inspection duties and possess a willingness to learn
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar
• EIT or PE desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to high-quality work performance
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work with other staff in a project team environment
• Designing roads, bridges, and other civil/transportation related projects.
• Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation with Geopak.
• Understand roadway design, grading, drainage and erosion control.
• Demonstrate practical civil engineering knowledge.
• Work closely with technical staff to provide design for local streets and freeways, sites, utilities, and other consulting engineering services, primarily for state agencies and local municipalities.
• Interact daily with project teams in a multi-disciplinary and multi-office environment.
One of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 450 staff members. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of our services and integrated project approach. With the technical capabilities and understanding to take even the largest projects from initial concept to completion, we are a hands-on, design-oriented practice at heart. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
• Grand Rapids, MI 49546
• Ann Arbor, MI 48105
• Canton, MI 48187
• Detroit, MI 48226
• Kalamazoo, MI 49008
• Lansing, MI 48911
• Macomb, MI 48044
• Novi, MI 48377
• Traverse City, MI 49684
• Cincinnati, OH 45241
• Columbus, OH 43235
• Dayton, OH 45458
• Toledo, OH 43617
• Indianapolis, IN 46250
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary target is ~65-100k+ and bonus (depending on experience level)
Portage, MI 49024 (Kalamazoo) or Benton Harbor, MI 49022
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis in transportation engineering.
• Michigan Professional Engineer license preferred.
• Experience in highway design (all components of alignment and geometrics design). based on Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) or Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) road design manual.
• Proficient with MicroStation GEOPAK SS4
• Understanding of MDOT Workspace concept for plan development
• Experience in 3D modelling
• Ability to perform drainage design
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar (emphasis on Transportation Engineering desired)
• EIT or PE desired
• Provide engineering design for a variety of highway design projects including: roadway reconstruction and overlay, bridge approaches, storm sewers, sidewalk ramps, guardrail, pavement marking and signing, and right of way plans.
• Develop plans, specifications and estimates based on current MDOT plan development requirements.
• Perform drainage delineation, calculation and storm sewer pipe sizing using GEOPAK drainage.
• Ability to develop pavement marking plans, signing plans, and maintenance of traffic plans
• Must have the ability to recommend Best Management Practices (BMPs) per requirements of MDOT and Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) for Benton Harbor or INDOT and IDEM for South Bend.
• Perform and deliver cost estimates using MDOT’s/INDOT's Weighted Average Item Price Report and ability to work through AASHTO software, Trnsport-Stand-Alone PES Worksheet (SAPW).
• Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
• Review, assign and provide guidance to drafting technicians to prepare working design plans using MicroStation.
• Utilize MicroStation GEOPAK SS4 and GEOPAK drainage to develop plans.
• Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
• Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, design schedules, and environmental impact studies.
Click here to send us your resume