Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~65-76k)
San Diego, CA 92121 – Sorrento Valley (currently work from home until Coronavirus is managed)
Required Skills / Experience:
• BA degree in Accounting
• Professional accounting experience (preferably at a medium to large company)
• Ability to successfully analyze and reconcile business transactions to determine appropriate accounting treatment and recognize issues and anomalies that requires research or escalation
• Experience with computerized accounting systems, proficiency with data imports/exports and manipulation/analysis as well as experience reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts
• Advanced Excel skills
• Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), internet browsers, and email tools
Nice to Have:
• Mortgage Industry experience
• Knowledge of Loan Origination Systems and/or LPS/Black Night or other Mortgage Investor Accounting Systems
• Exceptional attention to detail and thoroughness with the ability to consistently produce high quality and accurate work
• Capability of handling and meeting deadlines, and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions
• Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills
• Solid commitment to customer and associate service
• Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
• Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
• Sound independent judgement skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
• Strong work ethic and work ownership
This position is responsible for completing general ledger entries, system imports and exports, account reconciliations, and activity analysis primarily focused on loan-level mortgage and servicing transactions.
• Reconcile and process loan-level transactions for funding, purchases, warehouse bank transactions, security advances, and settlements, etc.
• Prepare daily and month-end journal entries and accruals as assigned.
• Reconcile, research, and analyze warehouse bank transactions and cash as assigned.
• Reconcile, research, and analyze other balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare Balance sheet and Profit and Loss statements.
• Review and analysis of assigned branch P&L’s.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Company / Benefits
Founded in 2000, we are a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, we maintain a network of Operations Centers and employ mortgage associates nationwide. We are dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Matched 401k
• Life insurance, AD&D, and LTD
• HAS, FSA
Click here to send us your resume