Sr. Tax Associate
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary target is ~100-120k + bonus
San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley)
Our busy San Diego boutique CPA firm seeks an experienced, detail-oriented, senior tax associate. We are a high-touch private client services firm specializing in high net worth individuals, family groups, and their related businesses. We also serve as a family office or outsourced CFO for many of our clients.
We are looking for a senior tax associate with a solid background working with individual, partnership, trust, and business tax compliance and planning. Research skills and the ability to supervise staff are important.
Our national CPA firm experience has put us in a unique position to build a firm that serves high-end clients across the country, while maintaining all of the benefits of a close-knit work environment that fosters and rewards hard work and creativity. We place an emphasis on technology, workplace ergonomics, and firm culture. We provide the tools a self-starter needs to become a success.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, Master's degree is preferred
• 5yr+ of experience
• Experience with ProSystem, RIA Checkpoint, CCH IntelliConnect, and BNA Income Tax Planner are beneficial
• Proficiency with QuickBooks
Sr. Associate Accountant
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary target is ~100k+ and Profit Sharing
San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown, overlooking the Bay)
We are searching for an experienced tax accountant to join our team in providing the highest level of quality tax services. We are a boutique firm located in downtown San Diego that serves a clientele consisting primarily of high net worth individuals and their closely held business entities. Our services are almost exclusively income tax-related and include return preparation, consulting, research, and planning.
Responsibilities of this position include review of tax returns, direct client contact regarding their tax returns, preparation of higher-level tax returns, performance of tax research, and support for partners and staff as needed.
• CPA license obtained and in good standing
• 5yr+ years of experience in public accounting including tax return preparation and small business financial statement preparation and analysis
• Experienced in direct client contact and advising clients
• Experienced in tax research
• Proficient with at least one tax preparation software package and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proficiency with CCH Tax and BNA Tax Planner preferred but not required
Audit & Accounting Manager
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary target is ~90-140k
Riverside, CA 92507
Summary / Responsibilities:
The Audit and Accounting Manager is responsible for successfully managing multiple client relationships and engagements following firm best practices including the completion of engagement tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client, and self-development expectations.
• Provides management over a portfolio of clients and delivers high quality audit and assurance services including preparing and review audit planning and work.
• Manages the engagement budget and profitability and performance objectives.
• Anticipates and communicates budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability and prepares billings and assists in collections.
• Works in consultation with the engagement partner to anticipate project issues, assesses alternatives and takes appropriate measure to resolve assignment issues.
• Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
• Manages and establishes work schedules of team members through effective use of project management techniques. Communicating and keeping other team members informed of progress and timing of deliverables.
• Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels. Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
• In consultation with the engagement partner helps develop solutions for clients and manages the implementation of ideas.
• Advises, coaches and supports team members including providing consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
• Successfully builds, directs and maintains a motivated and empowered work team to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
• Identifies cross-selling opportunities and refers them to the appropriate team member. Leverages commercial and market knowledge to anticipate client needs for new/additional services.
• Review and creation of client billing to ensure projects are timely billed and collected.
• Supports the partner/s in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs (including recruitment interviews), utilization, performance reviews and people development.
• Actively participates in the quality control inspection process.
• Take a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
• Bachelor degree in Business, accounting or relevant field. Masters is preferred
• CPA certification
• 6yr+ recent work experience as an auditor at a public accounting firm, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
• Industry experience in manufacturing, transportation, construction, and/or not for profit environment is strongly desired.
• Strong client relationship skills.
• Strong team management skills – the ability to lead, motivate and coach teams of people.
• Advanced working knowledge of Creative Solutions software (CSA) suite and PPC checkpoint services.
• Must be able to travel to client’s location within a 50 mile radius of the Firm office.
• Construction / ESOP experience is nice to have
Click here to send us your resume