VP, INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGERVP, Internal Audit Manager
Salary is DOE, target is ~130-160k+ and bonus
Remote (Corporate office is in San Diego, CA 92121)
The Internal Audit Manager is directly responsible to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors for the development, implementation, and annual updating of an Internal Audit Charter that provides for the collaborative planning and execution of a comprehensive, risk-based, top-down internal audit program to support all areas of the entity including the management of outsourced internal audits. The Internal Audit Manager assists the Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
Internal Audit as an assurance function is primarily responsible to the Audit Committee for coordinating the development and execution of Risk Assessments, Audit Planning, Process Audits / Reviews; Product Audits / Reviews; Findings; Recommendations; Reporting, Remediation Tracking and Follow-up. The Internal Audit assurance function reports on the design and effectiveness of the Bank’s Internal Control Framework and tests (or coordinates testing) to ascertain if the controls management owns and states are in place, are adequate and operating effectively. Judgmental sampling procedures are utilized to provide adequate coverage from materiality and risk appetite standpoints and as requested or directed.
The Internal Audit Manager shall serve as Secretary to the Audit Committee, coordinating discussions related to evolving risks, audits and finding, preparing Agendas, disseminating packages, and recording minutes, all in accordance with professional guidelines, bank policy and practices, and as requested or directed.
• 10+ years of experience in Senior Auditing positions
• Heavy Commercial Banking
• Current CPA license with a commitment of no less than 40 hours per year continuing professional education to obtain and/or maintain knowledge of accounting and auditing updates relevant to the banking industry, including FDICIA and/or SOX
• Experience dealing with state and federal regulators
• Strong demonstrated commitment to continuously obtain and maintain knowledge of existing and evolving banking statutes, regulations, associated advisory opinions/interpretive letters, and key compliance priorities
• Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to write clear, concise, non-technical and persuasive audit reports
• Strong analytical skills, particularly regarding assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to build strong relationships and communicate with stakeholders at all levels, provide a high degree of customer service, learn quickly, be flexible, multi-task and adjust priorities and focus as needed
• Ability to execute multiple audits and projects concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision
• Enthusiastic, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
• Internal Audit Management and Delivery
• Governance, Risk and Control
• Communication and Collaboration
We have served entrepreneurs in unique and niche industries for over 20 years. We leverage our technology platform and expertise to develop solutions for fintech and digital currency companies and investors around the world. Recognizing digital currency’s potential during the sector’s infancy, we have embraced pioneers and built flourishing relationships with those who were underserved by traditional banks. We are a California chartered, Federal Reserve member bank, the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry, and a lender to growth-oriented businesses, entrepreneurs, and investors. Embracing change and recognizing opportunity are in our company DNA.
• Matched 401k
• Medical, dental and vision
• Flexible spending accounts
• Additional Supplemental Health Coverages through Aflac
• Vacation and Holidays
• Life, AD&D, and LTD Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Identity Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
Click here to send us your resume