PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SOLUTIONS ENGINEER / PRODUCT OWNER)Principal Software Engineer (Solutions Engineer / Product Owner)
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~140-170k+ and discretionary bonus)
Office is in Carlsbad, CA 92010 – Currently fully remote, once Coronavirus is settled you will need to be able to go to the office occasionally and travel ~30%
Required Skills / Experience:
• Able to travel 30% of the time in the US for extended periods of time (San Diego, Bay Area, Seattle, Chicago, etc.)
• Heavy Medical Device Experience
• Heavy Software Engineering, Architecture, and Solution Engineering Experience
• Experience with multiple languages (C++ and Python strongly desired)
• Experience in product development, ideally in a consulting environment
• Client Facing / Consulting / Requirements Gathering experience
• Still comfortable with hands on software development
• Experience in project management, including agile and waterfall methodologies
• Experience in or exposure to the business development process
• Experience integrating hardware and software
• Experience developing embedded firmware
• Experience developing software for medical devices under IEC62304 compliant process
• Familiarity with international quality standards e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and FDA QSR regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degrees are a plus
• Embedded MicroPython
• PC based Development (Python, C++, occasional C#)
• Experience in containerization, Docker, DevOps, AWS
• ISO 14971
• OH&S requirements: Safe use of potentially hazardous equipment, liquids, etc.
• Excellent communication and client facing skills
• Dynamic and adaptable
• Self-starter and self-managing
• Quick Lerner
• Strong sense of ownership
The Principal Software Engineer is an experienced technical expert responsible for working with clients to identify solutions for strategic business problems.
The principal position is the backbone of all our engagements, connecting numerous aspects of a project and keeping them aligned to our deliverables and client needs. It requires a mix of technical execution, project management, and client management, combined with strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
They are responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our clients and providing an interface to or managing a remote development team. They are responsible for making business/project related critical decisions as it relates to software planning, designs, and inputs.
• Engages, together with the BD team, with potential new clients to build credibility and drive new or expand existing client relationships.
• Supports/instigates pre-sales activities such as proposals and scope of work writing, client presentations, etc.
• Provide and review estimations for timeline development and resourcing needs and assist with other BD activities as required.
• Builds, maintains, and manages strategic relationships with current and prospective clients ensuring adequate client service delivery.
• Maintains awareness of the industry and client strategies.
• Leads the software activities on one or multiple client projects, collaborating with the project leader, other technical disciplines, and local and remote development teams.
• Acts as a liaison between client and project teams, assisting with project planning, communication, problem-solving and change management.
• Ensure major software development milestones for projects are met on time and budget.
• Leads the planning, specification, architecture, design, development, documentation, testing, and integration activities on a range of projects.
• Plan individual and software team project activities and work to agreed schedule commitments with minimal direction.
• Contributes to software design activities broadly across projects including all documentation activities.
• Proactively reviews designs, focusing on both technical and commercial aspects.
• Provides direction in software debug and test activities as called for in projects or as required to overcome issues that arise.
• Contributes new ideas to projects, communicates effectively across cross-functional teams, and assists in motivating a broad-based team.
• Collaborates with management to identify and develop tools for more efficient and collaborative design work and to enhance software processes and procedures.
• Leads, mentors, and supports other engineers.
A Healthtech innovation and commercialization company HQ in Australia, and with an office in Carlsbad. Founded in 2009, privately held.
We exist to create breakthrough products and commercially successful businesses that transform industries and have a positive impact on the world. We have our own portfolio of businesses, and partner with world-leading organizations to help them create game-changing innovations to grow their business.
Our 300+ team includes experts in the research, design, engineering, manufacture, funding and marketing of new products and new businesses in the diagnostics, life sciences and healthcare industries.
• Multiple Health Plans (2 HMOs and a PPO, including a no cost plan for entire family)
• Discretionary Bonus
• Matched 401k
• 3 weeks Vacation, 13 holidays, 9 sick days
• Life and LTD
Click here to send us your resume