PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL HARDWARE ENGINEERPrincipal Electronics Engineer
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~130-150k+ and discretionary bonus)
Office is in Carlsbad, CA 92010 – Currently fully remote, once Coronavirus is settled you will need to be able to go to the office occasionally and travel ~30%
Required Skills / Experience:
• Able to travel 30% of the time in the US for extended periods of time (San Diego, Bay Area, Seattle, Chicago, etc.)
• Experience developing Medical / IVD Devices, from concept to production, ideally in a consulting environment
• Experience in design of complex electronics (6+ layer PCBs) design including architecture, PCB layout design and schematics development through to manufacturing establishment
• Client Facing / Consulting / Requirements Gathering experience
• Project Management and/or Team Lead experience
• Experience in systems integration including hardware and software
• Familiarity with international quality standards e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485, IEC 61010, IEC 60601, and FDA QSR regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degrees are a plus
• Experience with Altium Designer or Nexus
• OH&S requirements: Safe use of potentially hazardous equipment, liquids, etc.
• Excellent communication and client facing skills
• Dynamic and adaptable
• Self-starter and self-managing
• Quick Lerner
• Strong sense of ownership
The Principal Electronics Engineer is an experienced technical expert responsible for working with clients to identify solutions for strategic business problems.
The Principal position is the backbone of all our engagements, connecting numerous aspects of a project and keeping them aligned to our deliverables and client needs. They help form a bridge between our clients and our teams both in the USA and Australia. It requires a mix of technical execution, project management and client management, drawing on strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
They are responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our clients and providing an interface to or managing a remote development team. They are responsible for making critical project decisions as it relates to electronics architecture, planning, interfaces, and inputs.
• 60% Client Interaction and Business Development Support, 40% hands on project work; potential future team lead responsibilities
• Engages, together with the BD team, with potential new clients to build credibility and build new or expand existing client relationships.
• Supports pre-sales activities such as proposals and scope of work writing, creating, and reviewing timeline and effort estimations, client presentations etc.
• Maintains awareness of the industry and client strategies.
• Acts as a liaison between client and project teams, assisting with project planning, communication, problem solving and change management.
• Leads the electronics activities on client projects, collaborating with the project leader, other technical disciplines, and local and remote development teams.
• Leads, oversees, advises, or executes the planning, specification, architecture, design, development, documentation, testing and integration activities on a range of projects.
• Plans individual and electronics team project activities and works to agreed schedule commitments with minimal direction.
• Proactively reviews designs, focusing on both technical and commercial aspects.
• Provides direction for electronics design for manufacture and test, reliability, safety, and EMC compliance, as called for in projects or as required to overcome issues which arise.
• Contributes new ideas to projects, communicates effectively across cross-functional teams and assists in motivating a broad-based team.
• Collaborates with management to identify and develop tools for more efficient and collaborative design work and to enhance systems processes and procedures.
• Lead, mentor and support other Electronics Engineers.
A Healthtech innovation and commercialization company HQ in Australia, and with an office in Carlsbad. Founded in 2009, privately held.
We exist to create breakthrough products and commercially successful businesses that transform industries and have a positive impact on the world. We have our own portfolio of businesses, and partner with world-leading organizations to help them create game-changing innovations to grow their business.
Our 300+ team includes experts in the research, design, engineering, manufacture, funding and marketing of new products and new businesses in the diagnostics, life sciences and healthcare industries.
• Multiple Health Plans (2 HMOs and a PPO, including a no cost plan for entire family)
• Discretionary Bonus
• Matched 401k
• 3 weeks Vacation, 13 holidays, 9 sick days
• Life and LTD
Click here to send us your resume