SR. MECHATRONIC / ROBOTICS / AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER POSITION FOR CANCER IMAGING COMPANYSr. Systems Engineer
Salary is DOE; target is ~110-130k + 10% Bonus
Vista, CA 92081; currently in office ~3 days a week
• Strong Mechatronic / Electromechanical / Robotics / Automation Engineering experience
• Proficient SolidWorks/CAD experience, modeling and GD&T (or other computer-aided design software tools)
• Electro-mechanical design skills with understanding of automation controls
• Design Experience with high precision motion systems, end to end automation design
• Integration of sensor feedback and control theory
• Reading schematics with debug skills for electronics/PCB troubleshooting
• Moderate Machine shop skills
• BS/MS in Mechatronics, Automation, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
• Familiarity with oscilloscope, logic analyzer and other measurement equipment
• Some software/programming experience (C, C++, python, MATLAB)
• Medical Device experience
• Familiarity with regulated development environments (FDA, ISO)
• Optical engineering experience, with imaging sub-system integration
• System modeling of a design.
• Design new electro-mechanical assemblies with a focus on mechatronic integrations.
• Creating automated systems and working with the software to control the precise motion.
• Interact and manage with vendors throughout the design cycle for component research / selection
• Management of systems projects in accordance with quality system procedures.
• Ownership of Design History File deliverables to support and defend design during regulatory submissions. Includes various system level deliverables from risk analysis to design requirements and descriptions. • Leadership and guidance of Verification and Validation test protocols (Software, Hardware and System).
• Drive innovative solutions for Manufacturing in optimizing the excising designs, design of fixture/tools for the ease of manufacturing, and apply problem solving principles to troubleshoot system errors.
• Assist in SW test utilities and test fixtures to automate system/api level and reliability tests
• Design improvements, reaching creative solutions for cost optimization
• Generation of engineering analysis reports based on design specifications and application requirements.
• Release the design changes according to regulatory compliant Quality Management Systems.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work closely with the Systems, Systems Software, Test and Manufacturing Teams, to design and integrate electro-mechanical solutions into a line of medical device digital slide scanners. This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative person to invent new solutions in an exciting field as we expand our product capabilities.
You will be responsible for controls, automation, and dynamic systems for the scanner products. This involves a series of engineering new development, sustaining projects and value-added value engineering (VAVE) projects for cost reduction and reliability improvement related to our imaging scanners. You will be responsible for all aspects of your designs from inception to design verification/validation, production and utilization by the end users.
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, etc.
• The Commuter Benefit—Associates can set aside on a monthly basis up to $130 for transit costs or $250 for parking, pretax, from their paychecks.
• Life, Disability, Pet, and other optional Insurances
• 401k and Retirement Plans
• Holidays – Eight fixed holidays and 2 floating holidays each year
• Paid Time Off – Associates earn 3 weeks/year; accruals increase by 1 week at 5 years
• Employee, Legal, and Adoption Assistance Programs
Click here to send us your resume