BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPERBusiness Intelligence Developer
Salary is DOE; ~100-110k
Currently fully remote
Long term expected to be in office ~50% in San Diego, CA 92121
• Strong mix of Business Intelligence, ETL, SQL, Data Warehousing, and Analytics
• Microsoft Stack with a mix of Azure Data Factories, SQL Server, Visual Studio, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI
• Experience writing SQL, Transactional SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions)
• Data warehousing and Data Cubes
• Experience with detailed data analysis over complex data systems, including many-to-many databases
• Excel experience using advanced skills such as pivot tables
• Financial Industry
• BSCS or similar
• Strong interpersonal skills and works well with a team
• Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-starting with high initiative
• Persistent and dependable, especially in meeting deadlines
• Works independently or within a team to design, develop, and test innovative full-stack software and integration solutions.
• Follows established development practices. Encourages the use and improvement of those practices within the team.
• Learns new skills and techniques at every opportunity.
• Actively develops knowledge of the business and technology. Shares that knowledge with others.
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively break down and analyze difficult problems.
• Communicates effectively to varied technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analyzes and interprets business requirements.
• Writes and maintains technical documentation according to credit union guidelines.
• Builds UI and scheduled batch processing scripts for core banking system.
• Develops ad-hoc reports for internal users against a variety of internal databases and system files.
• Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Promotes team and collaboration that reinforces our “Better Together” philosophy and our five key attributes of Entrepreneurial, Imaginative, Accountable, Integrous, and Fun!
• Is a proactive team member and listens to understand the needs of the business and fellow team members.
• Promotes the principles of creating member/co-worker loyalty that focuses on strengthening our relationships with our members and team members.
The Business Intelligence Developer understands, interprets, and analyzes data very quickly, and is responsible for delivering high quality and timely reports to all business units across the credit union. As part of the Software Engineering team, the Business Intelligence Developer processes critical organizational data, transforming data into information, and information into insight.
Using database technologies, this position is responsible for identifying and translating business needs and requirements into useful and actionable information. The Business Intelligence Developer will clearly communicate report findings and provide data that assists business units in making informed decisions. The position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise reporting solutions using modern standardized tools.
• Medical, dental and vision coverage with low premiums
• Flexible spending accounts
• Matching 401k plan (dollar for dollar up to 5%)
• Incentive program (this is a company-wide, twice yearly, incentive that can range between 1-6% of annual)
• 15 days vacation, 10 days sick time, 11 company-paid holidays
• Casual dress code
• Workout facility; recreational areas including a basketball court
• Employee loan discounts (auto, home, credit card, etc.)
• Onsite job and personal development classes
Click here to send us your resume