DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERINGDirector of Software Engineering
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~170-190k and 25% bonus)
Remote / Work from Home
This position provides leadership and direct oversight to software engineering teams. The position is responsible for defining the digital roadmap and coordinating the delivery of digital products by working with the business units leadership and by building, managing, and engaging a strong team of talented engineers. This role will focus on custom developed applications with cloud-oriented architecture. This role is both a strategic and execution that is responsible for the return on investment and value stream of digital. This position will ensure and continue to drive alignment with other business units’ leaders and their digital transformation agents.
• Strong software engineering background
• Direct software development management experience and digital product delivery
• Experience with architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems
• Experience building cloud native architectures, architecting enterprise applications on public cloud platforms and cloud ecosystems including AWS and/or GCP.
• Experience working with AWS tool suite including Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Lambda, etc.
• DevOps experience with Jenkins, Docker and GitHub
• Experience with Data Visualization tools like Tableau
• BSCS or MSCS
Nice to have:
• Experience with energy generation platforms such as OSIsoft PI, MV90, and SCADA systems
• Experience with Energy Markets and Renewable Energy Generation concepts
• Bi-lingual (English/French)
• An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational leadership skills.
• Requires creative and innovative approaches to problem solving and near constant learning to strive for continuous improvement.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills, with the ability to explain and understand complex ideas. Must be able to interface with stakeholders, both technical and non‐technical from entry level to Csuite.
• Ability to facilitate group sessions if necessary, to identify needs, requirements, focus on product design, user empathy models and evaluation of effort and benefits.
• Deep understanding of agile development method and its application to teams and the ability to direct a team to work on the “right” things.
• Ability to recognize and resolve conflict, highly skilled at multi‐tasking, prioritization, and implementation in complex environments.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk on behalf of a company.
Supervision of Others: 5-6 direct reports (Software Engineering managers and Architects) and ~30-40 total team members. Work with business stakeholders and understand needs to provide value focused digital products including:
25% - Strategic Leadership & Outreach
• Ensures short-term and long-term technology roadmaps drive toward fulfillment of business units’ strategies and their associated products.
• Collaborate with the digital transformation agents representing different business units and IT stakeholders to support planning, prioritization, and delivery of digital products.
• Support product owners in building agile teams with adequate team members (software engineers, designers, architects, agile coaches, etc.)
• Lead the software development team to ensure builds are reliable, secure, and scalable. Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of software architecture and engineering, systems design, and integration.
40% - Product oversights & Operations
• Influence, coach, and support strategic and technical decisions within the digital portfolio and work with the product teams and architects for validation of technical decisions.
• Foster agile development model with continuous delivery.
• Maintain good working knowledge of current and emerging technologies related to areas of responsibility, through independent research, and attending relevant conferences, trade shows, and professional organization meetings.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with IT leaders and team members at our parent company in France, working toward common practices and the sharing of ideas and resources.
• Collaborate with leaders across the digital program (North America, France, Off-shore and International) to ensure coordination of value delivery and joint development of global products when appropriate.
• Budgetary responsibilities are specific to managing costs associated with projects costs.
30% - Talent Acquisition and Team Management
• Attract, recruit, retain and engage critical engineering talent to positively impact growth.
• Develop employees under his/her supervision, providing training and other growth opportunities for individual career progression
• Plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline, if appropriate; address and resolve potential issues, as applicable.
• Motivate, lead and mentor a high-performance engineering team.
5% - Other duties
• Leading Renewable Energy Company with heavy growth
• Very strong Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume