BSA / AML MANAGERBSA / AML Manager
Salary is DOE, target is ~100-115k
Anaheim, CA 92808 (Anaheim Hills)
Responsible for successfully managing (i.e., overseeing, implementing, administering, and ensuring compliance with) both the Credit Union's BSA/AML & OFAC Program (hereafter referred to as BSA) and Fraud Risk Program (as it relates to Account Fraud). Evaluates, tests, and monitors the Credit Union's compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and rules & regulations. Reports directly to the BSA Officer.
• Strong BSA experience within a financial institution with significant experience in BSA compliance and laws and regulations affecting consumers and financial institutions. BSA compliance-specific experience with exposure to transactional analysis as well as general program and reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge of automated AML monitoring, wire transfer, investigative case management or related financial services industry monitoring tools and applications
• Thorough knowledge of banking / credit union operations, policies and procedures, and core systems • Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager experience
• Fraud risk related experience with exposure to transactional and account analysis
• BSA compliance certification from the banking or credit union industry
• Credit Union Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, etc. is nice to have
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills in a multi-tasking environment
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluative skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to present audit findings
• Establish and maintain effective business relationships with staff in other departments
Manages all facets of the Credit Union’s BSA program: ensures that all policies and procedures are relevant and complete; self-assesses program’s success by conducting risk assessments; addresses compliance risk and concerns; maintains compliance with all applicable state and federal laws & regulations; prepares and files SARs and CTRs with appropriate government agencies, when applicable; ensures thorough OFAC monitoring for all applicable transactions and name records within the database; etc.
Gathers information and communicates with regulatory agencies and auditors on BSA related issues for examinations and audits. Participates in, and responds to, exam and audit concerns and oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies or violations. Responsible for operational regulatory compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. Patriot Act, and OFAC.
Oversees the Credit Union’s Know-Your-Customer/Member Identification Program (KYC/MIP) and related Member due diligence and enhanced due diligence processes. Performs ongoing enhanced due diligence monitoring of Member relationships including transactional analysis for Members that pose a higher risk to the Credit Union.
Conducts suspicious activity reviews, reconciliation, and reporting for any assigned cases or referrals received from branch staff. These reviews require the use of various tools including Verafin, internet sites, and other applicable resources as they become available.
Ensures management and the BSA Officer are informed of changes to laws and regulations, as well as compliance activities including an evaluation of its relative risk exposure related to BSA compliance. Prepares various reports for Senior Management and/or the Board of Directors.
Develops and monitors fraud risk strategies and processes for deposit accounts for the purpose of fraud prevention, while ensuring an exceptional Member experience, every time. Provides performance tracking of fraud strategies and fraud prevention tools and processes. Provides tracking of fraud losses through all channels. Conducts ongoing analyses to identify the root cause of fraud trends and propose potential solutions.
Creates training materials and conducts staff training for identifying red flags to assist with fraud mitigation and prevention. Manages BSA compliance staff and Fraud Investigator(s); investigates potential fraudulent items and performs enhanced analyses to determine and identify fraud and criminal activity.
Credit Union that has been in business for 65+ years serving Orange County, LA County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County.
• Matched 401k
• Multiple strong Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
• Wellness Plan
• 18 days PTO and 11 Holidays
• Life AD&D, and Disability
• Special Mortgage Rates
Click here to send us your resume