MANAGER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERINGManager of Software Engineering
Full Time Direct Hire
Salary is DOE (target is ~145-160k+ and 20% bonus)
San Diego, CA 92128 – Carmel Mountain by the 15/56 (in office ~3 days a week)
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager with a passion for leading and facilitating teams in the design, development, and delivery of innovative cloud / web applications. You are excited about and dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions in a dynamic and constructive environment. You are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities. You are passionate about people. Your role is to empower everybody else. Your role is not about authority so much as it is about helping your engineering experts, your developers, be able to be more effective and happier at what they do best. Ultimately, inspire others to work better and help them to succeed.
• 8-10+ years of experience Leading and/or Managing Software Tea
• Strong Mentorship and Leadership skills and experience • Experience with hiring top tier talent and building and maintaining a high-quality team with strong cohesiveness
• Understanding of Agile methodologies and facilitating teams in agile delivery
• Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
• Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
• Ability to provide training to team members and groups of users
• Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
• Energy and/or Renewables Industry experience
• Ability to speak French
• Proficient verbal and written communications skills; able to address business issues and conflicts in a professional, constructive, and non-technical manner
• Excited about mentoring and developing top talent
• Comfortable with uncertainty
• Put the goals of the team before their own
• Create a welcoming and supportive environment
• Care enough about diversity and inclusiveness to make it part of their organizational goals
• Identify and implement ways to make your team work better together.
• Attract, retain, develop talent. Help individual team members grow in their career not only technically but as productive people.
• Establish a recurring cadence of one-on-one time with each team member
• Build alignment between company objectives and individual goals
• Instill a shared sense of purpose and meaning. Paint the picture of destination, setting a direction rather than giving directions.
• Provide enough context via the mission, strategy and objectives to enable individuals to make the good decisions.
• Must be able to push back on requests that will overload their capacity to protect the release schedule, quality of the finished product, and team health.
• Identify necessary engineering investments (tech debt) and be able to prioritize them against feature work. Be able to monitor this debt and advocate for improvements.
• Capable of answering “why” a particular task is important, either to customers or the business
• Work closely with Digital Transformation Agents, Product Owners, and other Technical Managers (Support, Operations, Enterprise Applications, etc.) to define and plan development projects. Included in this is personnel and resource forecast/management/analysis in direct tasking focused on current business priorities.
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel when needed
• Leading Renewable Energy Company with strong growth
• Very strong Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Matched 401k
• Tuition Reimbursement
Click here to send us your resume